Monday, October 22, 2007

Fall Foliage

When you go to shoot the fall foliage in New England, the journeys you can have are endless. Mine didn't turn out quite like I thought, but I still got to go shoot with my friends from my summer workshop in Maine.

My weekend started out at the Photo Expo in New York, went to a wedding in Hartford and moved on to car trouble in New Britain, CT. Uh oh. A last minute invite for Sunday's shoot saved the day and he was able to drive me while my car was fixed.

With a local guide, we got access to some great locations. Thanks Ted!

This was a farm in Kent, CT. There was old farm equipment strewn about the rolling hills, sheep and goats bleating and colors exploding. It was tough to pick just one, but the rolled hay turned out to be my favorite.



On the way to lunch, we stopped at another farm. The simplicity and more rolling hills was like stepping into a calendar. See?



On the same farm, these next two shots are what you get when you follow the seasoned professional around to see what he's shooting. =D Thanks Al!





Got it! Time for lunch!

After grabbing sandwiches in New Preston, we drove to the next farm/vineyard. This was another picturesque calendar location with more rolling hills, a river, a beautiful blue silo, and horses. Horses! This was a clydesdale (I think, huge regardless) and he was great. He was pretty friendly, so I got a lot of shots of his nose, but I got this before he came to try to bite my camera. Bad horsey.

No comments: