Thursday, January 10, 2008

29 Blocks on Broadway

With the day off and 4 hours to kill, I decided to walk up Broadway. With 29 blocks to go, I was bound to see something. My only rule...I had to stick to the east side of the street.

I actually started my journey downtown near Wall Street...on the west side. Anyway, I have been working down there for a year now, but have never gone into St Paul's Chapel where they house a 9/11 exhibit. What struck me most was that they had kleenex sitting there discreetly, but available on a pillar in the middle. Although no one there was moved to tears, the mere fact it was there was telling.



The next stroke of inspiration was one of many street vendors. The belts reminded me of a shot I took in Santa Fe this summer.



Wow, hotter than 50¢? And Mr Hot nonetheless...How could I resist?



This market was frustratingly on the west side of the street.



Ah, Soho. There was so much to capture here, but I felt this is just so Soho. (and yes, I know it's not technically the best, but I still like the composition)



Back to my graphic roots. I was initially struck by the tree up there on the roof.



This isn't on Broadway, but a coffee shop I landed in while killing the last bit time.

No comments: